Monday, October 3, 2011

A Glimpse at Sulyap

An old house turned restaurant caught my camera's eye. 

After a few touch-ups from the artist and restaurant owner himself Mr. Roy Empalmado, this antique-ish house originally from Tiaong, Quezon is now what the San Pablo locals called Sulyap Gallery Cafe and Restaurant.

Facade

Dining area
Food Trip

Of course, I didn't allow myself skip their best sellers. 
Sulyap Cafe serves original Laguna dishes.

Kare-Kareng Sugpo

Apparently, most of the cooks are Bicolanos. Their mastery of blending spice with gata is delectably evident in San Pablo's signature dish--Kulawong. Kulawong Puso ng Saging and Kulawong Talong are worth a try.
   
Kulawong Talong
Kulawong Puso ng Saging
 I must say I just found my new favorite salad.

Ensaladang Pako

Ensaladang Pako topped with Itlog na Maalat
Sulyap Art Gallery

Across the resto is a school turned museum. Since the owner is into antiques, his wide variety of vintage collections occupied the two floors of the museum already.

 Facade
Old stuff

Old typewriter and cash register

Religious statues

Old furniture
Tourists can also book for bed and breakfast accommodation at Casa de Obando. I haven't tried it though.

Sulyap Gallery Cafe and Restaurant
Brgy. Del Remedio, Cocoland Compound,
San Pablo City Laguna

Mobile: 0920-9519185





No comments:

Post a Comment